Welcome!

New Here? Welcome!You will want to subscribe to our free email updates from Franklin Farm Herbals! Please scroll down to see our latest news, and a list of topics.

Friday 10 June 2011

Forgotten Herbs

This morning while I was tidying up my herb wheel I starting thinking about how many herbs have fallen into disuse. Lovage, Sage, Sorrel, Tarragon - hardly anyone knows what to do with them anymore. Sage is now only seen a couple of times a year in the Turkey Stuffing, Tarragon is something in the ingredients listed for a fancy dish at an expensive restaurant, sorrel is a type of weed and who knows what Lovage is. It is sort of sad, and I think I may want to rectify that, so, starting tomorrow with sage we are going to rediscover some of the lost herbs. A little bit of botany, a little bit of history, some old uses, some new uses, medicinal uses and we'll finish up with a recipe - until then

No comments: