Welcome!

New Here? Welcome!You will want to subscribe to our free email updates from Franklin Farm Herbals! Please scroll down to see our latest news, and a list of topics.

Saturday 14 July 2012

Elderflower champagne & Comfrey

Today is the day I bottle the Elderflower Champagne. If you read my previous post when I set the champagne, you know it is a combination of Elderflowers, Lemons, Limes, distilled water, sugar,plus a bit of vinegar. It has been stewing away for about a month now and it is finally time to filter and bottle. Then it will have to work for about a month, I will be letting the excess gas out every other day. So, in the dog days of August (although I have to say, it is pretty doggy right now), I will have a wonderful, light, refreshing, happy-making drink to quench my thirst while I veg on the patio! Photos to follow. Also today, I will finish off an oil infusion of fresh Comfrey. This is the base for my healing ointment and is also a component in almost all of my creams. I don't think there is a more healing herb for the skin. comfrey is also used internally for lung conditions, especially for prolonged dry cough conditions. Comfrey is also renowned for it's ability to quickly assist in the healing of broken bones. I also use comfrey leaves at the end of the gardening season, spreading leaves in the gardens to nourish and improve the soil. Comfrey is on my list of top ten herbs and I encourage everyone to have some in their gardens

No comments: