Welcome!

New Here? Welcome!You will want to subscribe to our free email updates from Franklin Farm Herbals! Please scroll down to see our latest news, and a list of topics.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Holy Smokes!

Holy Smokes its been a crazy busy week. Gardens ready, garden tour a bit of a bust but oh well, flower show - fantastic! Hoping life will return to normal and I can get back to my shop

This week in the shop I will be making moisturizing shaving soaps for the men in your life - although they work perfectly well on the ladies too. I am also making a test batch of pyrethrine spray to murder the bugs on my flowers, especially the roses as we speak, if it works well, it will be an addition to the shop. Pyrethrum is a daisy, both white and pink. I grow it around my roses and I soak the flower heads to draw out the pyrethrims, the constituent in the flower that paralyzes the bugs - a complete nerve killer. No effects what so ever on humans and animals. It has been in use since the late 1800's but is currently enjoying a resurgence as a "natural" bug killer for garden plants. I may also do a course in growing your own pyrethrum daisies and a how to for the spray.

I am hoping my brochure and fragrance list will be up on the blog sometime soon. My friend Suzanne who got my into this blogging thing has been incredibly helpful to me and very encouraging. She does a fantastic job of the Omemee Pigeon e-flyer, a local newsletter.

Tomorrow Lost herbs # 3 - Sorrel


No comments: